Private Lessons for Kids and Adults
We offer Private Lessons for Kids and Adults. We practice skills on the grass and dirt first, before heading on a coached ride, to practice these skills. We recommend 2 or 2 1/2 hours per lesson. If forming your own group in a private, all participants must be of the same level. Maximum group size for a private is 5 people. Please fill out the Private Lesson form below and email it to us. We will then contact you to talk further about setting up your private lesson.
Skills We Teach
- All skills are taught on grass first
- Balance exercises
- Cornering practice
- Front-wheel lifts, rear-wheel lifts
- Bunny hops
- Switchback practice
- Balance board, teeter-totter, and jump where appropriate
- A coached ride to follow practicing all the skills taught
What to Bring
- Your tuned-up mountain bike with gears
- Camelback or water bottle on the bike
- Snack to be carried on the bike/pack
- Gloves and bike shorts are encouraged
- Light Rain Jacket
- $80/hour for 1 person
- $45/hour per person for 2 ($90/hour for 2)
- $33.33/hour per person for 3 ($100/hour for 3)
- $27.50/hour per person for 4 ($110/hour for 4)
- $24/hour per person for 5 ($120/hour for 5)
At Base Camp Sports (a Venture Sports Store), in Vail Village at the top of Bridge Street.
Contact Us for More Information
Need a Bike Rental?
We work with Venture Sports. When you call to reserve, say you’re coming to Vail Mountain Bike Camps to get a discount. We encourage you to rent well in advance to the first day of camp to get used to the bike.
Vail Base Camp – located at the top of Bridge St. (970-477-8095)
Avon – 100 W. Beaver Creek Blvd. (970-949-1318)